- Leadership, Assurance of Solution Architects and Technical Architects designing business solutions. Defining and developing architecture solutions that address complex business problems. Breadth and depth of experience across enterprise architecture and solution architecture in cloud, hybrid or on premise .
- Developing future state models, patterns, principles, strategies, options reports and road-maps for the business. Experience of Enterprise Architecture Tools, Enterprise Architect, Troux, and developing business wide enterprise artefact repositories for applications and integration.
- Leading on service designs for integration, with on and offshore delivery partners, providing High Level Designs and assurance as Technical Design Authority for Low Level Designs. Assuring alignment to the strategic vision, principles for strategic business solutions and tactical solutions of innovation.
- Responsible for the design, development and management integration of systems and design of SOA services and application domain architecture repositories.
- Enterprise Architecture - Leadership, responsible for architectural principles, architectural standards, applications portfolio management, application integration, resilient application architectures, blending ISEB, TOGAF, ADM and other EA frameworks.
- Solution Architecture - Lead assurance and SA role, developing Integration solution options. Selection, procurement, implementation and integration of third party software solutions.
- Integration Architecture: Major projects implementing Azure cloud data services for real time dispatch management. Integration services for policy, finance, dispatch, marketing, and repair management services. Mapping services, vehicle data services, bank and addressing services.
- Technologies Azure API Gateway, Azure Service Bus, IBM Service Bus, MQ’s queue, topics, POX, JSON, REST Web Services=, connecting F5, FSM, CRM, Portal and IAM using SOAP, REST JSON, POX. Providing Customer Business Services.
- Assurance - Principles, strategy, technical design authority and assurance roles aligning architecture to future state target operating models.
- Software Design – Experience of Agile, Scrum, User stories, Test Driven Development. Experience of Waterfall design, Prince2, Archimate, UML, BPMN and requirements analysis.
- Experience of service sourcing, RFI, RFP, OJEU tender, G-Cloud store, Industry frameworks, Market Building SMEs.
- Experience of Team Management, Performance Management, Health and Safety.
- Experience of customer led service design, working with business managers to take a modern approach to digital service design and delivery - Customer Experience (CX), Agile (Scrum).
Enterprise Architect - Integration
RAC Bradley Stoke October 2014 to current
- Enterprise architecture function: Technical Design Authority, High Level Design Assurance, Low Level Design Assurance, Domain Enterprise Artefact repository for integration and applications. Application portfolio catalog, Pattern catalog, Technical Reference Models. T Diagrams. Recent project experience includes replatform of web applications from on premise Service Fabric to Azure microservice architecture. Initial, future state planning for data sourcing, review of technologies, additional work on Apache Kafka. Migration work for Private marketing cloud to Azure Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse, and Adobe’s Marketing Cloud.
- Domain specialism, IBM AppConnect V10,IBM MQ V9, Azure Service Bus, Queues, Topics, API Gateways, Load Balancers, Managed File Transfer in Cloud, Hybrid or on premise scenarios.
- Azure technologies including Service Bus, Queues, Topics, Logic Apps, Function Apps, API Gateway, High Availability, Geo Redundancy Planning. Projects including REDIS cache, AMQP, Express route.
- Significant project new infrastructure and migration of IBM Integration Broker V8 to IBM AppConnect V10,IBM MQ V9, 5 Virtual environments, ILMT, BigFix, F5 Load balancing, CISCO Firewalls, TMG legacy security service. off site DR , 184 projects, 200 flows, migration SVN to Visual SVN version control, technical coordination of interdisciplinary teams.
- High Level Designs for on and off-shore development teams, assurance of Low Level Designs, code reviews. B2B, B2C integration REST/JSON , REST/XML, SOAP XML, MQ, AMQP Apache QPID.
- Licence management audit assurance, ILMT, and software licence management assurance and advice, cost savings.
- Security by design, migration of HTTP, HTTPS, services to TLS 1.2 as part of ISO 27001
- Migration of MPLS service integrations from none network supplier to a new supplier.
- Migration of payment services, card payments, payment portal and financial management integration into Agresso ABW.
- Solution architecture: Integration design for tier one motor vehicle manufacturer for end to end real time breakdown management from Maastricht call centre, to Azure Call logging and on Premise vehicle dispatch management solution.
- Reverse engineered a high value legacy system to replace with Service Bus and MQ and Relational Data-store. Designed additional Managed File transfers, Integration Quartz Scheduling with IBM service Bus.
Application, Services and Integration Architect
Bristol City Council April 2010 – Present (4 years+)
- Technical design authority, integration assurance, road mapping, OJEU selection Enterprise Resource Planning (Agresso Business World)
- SOA strategy, principles and patterns for, integration, resilience and clustering
- Technical design authority and assurance - Business Process Management (Tibco AMX)
- Technical design authority and assurance - Business Rules Engine (Tibco BE)
- Assurance and G-Cloud store selection for CRM (Salesforce)
- Supporting a major transition towards digital services using a customer-centred service design approach. G-Cloud, Agile(Scrum), Digital Services (Liferay).
- Technical design authority, assurance EDRM and Collaboration (Alfresco)
- Technical design authority and assurance, SOA Governance (Tibco LGF - Systinet)
- Application rationalisation future state full lifecycle asset management and licence management, category management, contact management
- Environment management strategy, selection and implementation of Software configuration management for external Agile teams (Atlassian)
- Leadership, assurance and framework design Enterprise Architecture repository (Troux)
Application Domain Architect
Bristol City Council, October 2009 – April 2010 (8 months)
- Developed Application portfolio management, application rationalisation projects
- Technical design authority,assurance Integration Service (Tibco EMS)
- Technical design authority, Enterprise Search (Google GSA and SOLR)
- Roadmap negotiations, Customer relationship management (Lagan)
- OJEU tender, selection and assurance Adult care management and Child case management (Protocol ICS)
- OJEU tender(s), requirements management, MEAT model BCC WCM (Drupal)
Web Services Manager
Bristol City Council, January 1998 – September 2009 (11 years 9 months)
- Team leadership corporate Agile software development projects, test driven development and continuous integration and deployment. Java, XML, WSDL, Spring MVC, Struts, Faces, Hibernate, subversion, Jira, Maven, Jenkins, Eclipse.
- Selection and implementation of corporate web services WCM,Web Filtering
- Integration procurement and finance systems XML, XSLT, XQuery, WSDL and SOAP web services, eXist XML repository for financial invoices
- Assurance Web accessibility, WAI, Web Analytics, Web filtering, Websense
Senior developer BI and Finance
Bristol City Council, February 1997 – December 1997
Senior systems manager Finance
Bristol City Council, April 1996 - January 1997
Bristol City Council, February 1993 March 1996
Supplier Contracts Administrator:
Bristol City Council, February 1985 - January 1993
- MSc In Information Technology (Distinction)
- ISEB Int Certificate in Enterprise and Solution Architecture
- Foundation Certificate IT Service Management (V2)
- Prince2 practitioner
- Volare Requirements Management (OJEU)
- Troux Architect Essentials and Metaverse Administration
- Management and administration Tibco SOA LGF. (HP Systinet)
Nationality. British Date of Birth 12/02/1963 , Full Driving License.