87 Thingwall Park
• Leadership and assurance for solution and technical architects business solutions. Defining and developing architecture solutions that address complex business problems. Breadth and depth of experience across enterprise architecture and solution architecture.
• Developing future state models, patterns, principles, strategies, options reports and road-maps for corporate and departmental businesses. Responsible for developing the Enterprise Architecture repository (Troux) and assuring consistency.
• Experience of customer led service design, working with business managers to take a modern approach to digital service design and delivery - Customer Experience (CX), Agile (Scrum) and the GDS Service Design Manual.
• Leading on service integration and delivery, with internal and external service providers, acting as technical design authority. Assuring alignment to the strategic vision, principles for strategic business solutions and tactical solutions of innovation.
• Responsible for the design, development and management integration of systems and design of SOA services. Working with security, integration, information and technology architects to develop SOA repository (Systinet).
• Enterprise Architecture - Leadership, responsible for architectural principles, architectural standards, applications portfolio management, application integration, resilient application architectures, blending TOGAF, ADM and other EA frameworks. Architecture modeling Troux Enterprise Architect, Archimate, (Visio, PowerPoint)
• Solution Architecture - Lead assurance or SA role, developing solution options, selection, procurement and implementation. Mayor projects ERP, WCM(s), ESB, BPM, FSM, CRM, Portal and IAM.
• Assurance - Principles, strategy, technical design authority and assurance roles aligning architecture to future state target operating models.• Software Design – Experience of Agile, Scrum, User stories, Test Driven Development. Experience of Waterfall design, Prince2,, UML, BPMN and requirements analysis. • Software Development – Java, Tomcat, JBoss, JEE, Alfresco, Liferay, Tibco EMS, Tibco Active Matrix, XML, XSLT, Web Services.
• Sourcing – OJEU tender, G-Cloud store, Industry frameworks, Market Building SME’s
• Team Management – Performance Management, Heath and Safety
Application, Services and Integration Architect
Bristol City Council April 2010 – August 2014 (4 years+)
- Technical design authority, integration assurance, road mapping, OJEU selection Enterprise Resource Planning (Agresso Business World)
- SOA strategy, principles and patterns for, integration, resilience and clustering
- Technical design authority and assurance - Business Process Management (Tibco AMX)
- Technical design authority and assurance - Business Rules Engine (Tibco BE)
- Assurance and G-Cloud store selection for CRM (Salesforce)
- Supporting a major transition towards digital services using a customer-centred service design approach. G-Cloud, Agile(Scrum), Digital Services (Liferay).
- Technical design authority, assurance EDRM and Collaboration (Alfresco)
- Technical design authority and assurance, SOA Governance (Tibco LGF - Systinet)
- Application rationalisation future state full lifecycle asset management and licence management, category management, contact management
- Environment management strategy, selection and implementation of Software configuration management for external Agile teams (Atlassian)
- Leadership, assurance and framework design Enterprise Architecture repository (Troux)
Application Domain Architect
Bristol City Council, October 2009 – April 2010 (8 months)
- Developed Application portfolio management, application rationalisation projects
- Technical design authority,assurance Integration Service (Tibco EMS)
- Technical design authority, Enterprise Search (Google GSA and SOLR)
- Roadmap negotiations, reimplementation, Complaints management (Lagan)
- Roadmap negotiations, Customer relationship management (Lagan)
- OJEU tender, selection and assurance Adult care management (Protocol ACS)
- OJEU tender, selection and assurance Child case management (Protocol ICS)
- OJEU tender(s), requirements management, MEAT model BCC WCM (Drupal)
Web Services Manager
Bristol City Council, January 1998 – September 2009 (11 years 9 months)
- Team leadership corporate Agile software development projects, test driven development and continuous integration and deployment. Java, XML, WSDL, Spring MVC, Struts, Faces, Hibernate, subversion, Jira, Maven, Jenkins, Eclipse.
- Selection and implementation of corporate web services WCM,Web Filtering
- Integration procurement and finance systems XML, XSLT, XQuery, WSDL and SOAP web services, eXist XML repository for financial invoices
- Assurance Web accessibility, WAI, Web Analytics, Web filtering, Websense
Senior developer BI and Finance
Bristol City Council, February 1997 – December 1997
Senior systems manager Finance
Bristol City Council, April 1996 - January 1997
Bristol City Council, February 1993 March 1996
Supplier Contracts Administrator:
Bristol City Council, January 1985 - January 1993
Qualifications & Training
- MSc In Information Technology (Distinction)
- ISEB Int Certificate in Enterprise and Solution Architecture
- Foundation Certificate IT Service Management (V2)
- Prince2 practitioner
- Volare Requirements Management (OJEU)
- Troux Architect Essentials and Metaverse Administration
- Management and administration Tibco SOA LGF. (HP Systinet)
Nationality. British Date of Birth 12/02/1963 , Full Driving License.